UPC: 632634100087 Total Weight: 0.2 lbs (0.09 kg)
Package Format: 60 Capsules
Gentle Digest provides a source of beneficial intestinal bacteria and also helps to encourage their growth. All mammals have numerous beneficial bacteria living in their digestive tracts (gut), including dogs, cats and humans. Periodic use of antibiotics, as well as natural aging tends to decrease the amount of beneficial bacteria in your pet’s digestive system. Beneficial bacterium helps to digest food, absorb nutrients, and eliminate toxic substances. Alleviates occasional gas, diarrhea, and intestinal upset
Recommended Use: Under 25 lbs : 1 capsule each day
Under 50 lbs : 2 capsules each day
Over 50 lbs : 3 capsules each day
Disclaimer: Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Lactic Acid Bacillus (L+)Providing a minimum of 50 million viable (live) spores per capsule.
* Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
** Daily value not established
Other Ingredients: Dicalcium phosphate, gelatin (capsule), magnesium stearate, rice flour.
My name is Susan Weiss and I am the President of Ark Naturals. That report dates back to March 2007, and we were very unhappy about it as well. Here are some things we found out - and what steps we took by April 2007.
1) Consumer Labs does not tell you where/which retailer they took product from. We don't know how long the retailer had it on the shelf nor the environmental conditions of the store.
2) Additionally - Consumer Reports did give us the specific lot# that was tested and as we maintain a bottle of every lot we ship for approx 5 years, we were able to send it off to 2 labs to have it re-rested. The results were inconclusive - as one laboratory said it was over the label claim and one label said it was just under the label claim. We further found out that there are multiple ways to test for the activity level in probiotics - and when we questioned Consumer Labs they declined to reveal their method of testing. Note: that when Consumer Lab publishes these reports - if a product is under label claim - it could be anything from .01mg under label claim to 100% under label claim -- (so that is kind of inflammatory right there)
3) Additionally you might want to know that Consumer Labs operates as a protection type of Lab. For example, if a company chooses to belong to their testing program, should one of their products fail to make label claim, that info is delivered privately and not made public. We choose not to pay for 'protection'
4) Finally - as we were very unhappy - in all subsequent lots of Gentle Digest - we increased the amount of live viable spores to 15 mg which is equal to 100,000,000 live viable spores. However, we did not change the label claim. Why did we do that? We also learned that 'live' bacteria is very sensitive and, as we can't be sure how long they sit in a distributor's warehouse or on a retailer's shelf, we wanted to be sure that we were delivering the full potential of that product. Our label claim is: 50million live bacteria. I hope you know we take our obligations very seriously. Thanks for your comments.
Please feel free to contact us directly for more information. 800-926-5100
President Ark Naturals, Natural Products For Pets
This product is EXCELLENT. My Brittany gets terrible gas after every meal and we have tried many different foods including home cooked. Nothing worked. When we have company, she really does clear out the room. I tried the Ark Gentle Digest because I have had great success with Ark's Happy Traveler for thunderstorms for my other Brittany. I wasn't expecting much, so I was amazed to find the Gentle Digest really works. If I forget to give her a pill with her meal, I know it within half an hour, then I just give her a pill separately and the terrible gas goes away. I give her a pill in the morning and one in the afternoon.
While we try ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that which is shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content and information on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by eVitamins, UK Department of Health (MHRA) or the United States Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. eVitamins assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Statements made about specific vitamins, supplements, procedures or other items sold on or through this website have not been evaluated by eVitamins, UK Department of Health (MHRA) or the United States Food and Drug Administration. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. As always, please consult with a licensed doctor or physician before starting any diet, exercise or supplement program, before taking any vitamin or medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a problem.