Neem is an herb popular in Ayurvedic medicine for a number of purposes ranging from skin soother to digestive aide. It can be taken orally or applied topically with great results.
Neem was also featured on the February 22 episode of "The Dr. Oz Show" as a powerful herbal supplement to have in your repertoire. If you've never heard of neem, it could be the solution you've been looking for. Here are the 10 most popular uses for neem:
1. Infection Fighter -- Neem has both antibacterial and antiviral as well as anti-fungal properties that can prevent harmful organisms and pathogens from making you sick or preventing healing of wounds.
2. Pain Reliever -- This amazing plant is also a natural analgesic, which can help reduce pain when applied topically to scrapes and bruises.
3. Inflammatory Inhibitor -- Expanding on the previous quality of neem, this herb is able to reduce pain and irritation because of its anti-inflammatory capabilities, which calms down the body's inflammatory response.
4. Immune System Booster -- Because of its antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties, neem is a great way to give your immune system some support. It's also rich in antioxidants that fight off free radical invaders that can damage cells and leading to aging or illness.
5. Dental Protector -- An herb used in toothpaste, neem is a great way to prevent gum disease. Neem prevents the accumulation of bacteria within the mouth, especially along the gum line, which can prevent the gums from becoming irritated or inflamed, which can lead to decay.
6. Skin Rejuvenator -- Anyone looking for the secret to better skin should take a look at neem. It's anti-inflammatory properties can help calm irritated or inflamed skin (such as in those with eczema or psoriasis) and it even has anti-aging properties.
7. Digestive Aide -- Neem helps the body properly break down and digest foods to prevent digestive issues like constipation and diarrhea.
8. Blood Glucose Regulator -- Taking neem can help prevent those dips and spikes in blood sugar that can lead to symptoms of hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia. Keeping blood sugar levels steady can help you better manage your diet.
9.Liver Supporter -- The liver is the center of detoxification within the body, filtering out toxins and helping the body properly absorb nutrients for health. Neem keeps the liver functioning properly, which affects the health of the entire body.
10. Outdoor Shield -- When you're exploring the great outdoors, you make yourself vulnerable to skin irritations from bugs as well as plants that can cause irritation.
Neem is available in all different forms that can be taken orally or applied topically to suit your needs. If you're interested in taking an oral neem supplement, speak with your physician first if you're being treated for a medical condition or taking other prescriptions or over-the-counter medications as well as supplements. Use topical products on a small area of the skin first to check for allergic reaction. You should also speak with your physician if you're using topical treatments for the skin conditions mentioned above.
Shop our selection of neem products at eVitamins and save big on this versatile wonder herb!
Products you may like:
Organix South Neem Toothpaste Mint Why you may like this product? This amazing toothpaste can
help you prevent gum disease
as well as cavities thanks to
its anti-fungal, anti-
bacterial and anti-
Available in mint and cinnamon
flavors, it's delicious way to
protect your mouth!
Solaray Neem Why you may like this product? Taking neem orally benefits
the liver, immune and
digestive systems and more.
This supplement contains 475
mg of neem per capsule and can
be taken up to three times a
Now Foods 100- Pure Natural Essential Oil Neem Why you may like this product? Now's neem essential oil is
100 percent pure and cold
pressed. You can add a few
drops of this oil to your skin
and hair care products to help
repair, soothe and rejuvenate.
Statements made about specific vitamins, supplements, procedures or other items sold on or through this website have not been evaluated by eVitamins, UK Department of Health (MHRA) or the United States Food and Drug Administration. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. As always, please consult with a licensed doctor or physician before starting any diet, exercise or supplement program, before taking any vitamin or medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a problem.