|Best Fenugreek Supplements
Herbs are something most everyone's familiar with when it comes to the kitchen. They add a variety of flavors to the foods we eat without calories or fat. But each unique herb also comes with its own list of benefits for your health -- so, why not explore the possibilities of adding more herbs to your routine?
Let's start the week off right by taking a closer look at fenugreek:
1. Diabetes -- This herb has natural blood-sugar lowering properties that can keep blood glucose levels in the desired range. Be sure to speak with your doctor if you're regulating your blood sugar before adding a fenugreek supplement or otherwise changing your routine.
2. Digestion -- Herbs like fenugreek are popular for digestion. Whether added to meals or taken in supplement form, fenugreek helps the body properly break down food while also calming an upset stomach, reducing inflammation and relieving constipation. Fenugreek is also said to stimulate the appetite.
3. Pain -- You can apply fenugreek topically, by wrapping the herb in a warm towel and using as a compress on injuries to relieve pain, also known as a poultice. Fenugreek can be especially useful for muscle pain, eczema and swollen lymph nodes.
4. Inflammation -- This herb has great anti-inflammatory properties that can be beneficial for pain as well as digestive conditions. Fenugreek calms the body's inflammatory response to prevent further discomfort and reduce irritation.
5. Heart Support -- Including fenugreek in your diet can promote healthy cholesterol levels and play a role in the treatment of heart conditions like atherosclerosis, also known as "hardening of the arteries."
6. Kidney Function -- Fenugreek can aid in the prevention and treatment of painful kidney stones, reducing calcification in the kidneys. It can also help reduce oxidative stress on these vital organs as well as cholesterol deposits within the kidneys.
7. Respiratory Conditions -- Anyone who suffers from conditions like bronchitis or chronic cough should consider trying fenugreek, which helps reduce the inflammation. You can drink it in tea form to help soothe the esophagus.
8. Men's Health -- Because of it's anti-inflammatory properties, some men use fenugreek for conditions such as hernia or erectile dysfunction in addition to other issues concerning men's health.
9. Skin Care -- You can find fenugreek in skincare products and certain forms of makeup. Fenugreek contains vitamins and antioxidants to combat free radical damage that can lead to aging and is often added to help lift, tighten and smooth skin, reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
10. Pregnancy and Nursing -- Fenugreek can be helpful for women who are having difficulty breastfeeding. Fenugreek is a natural herbal remedy that stimulates the glands, actually increasing the amount of milk a mother is able to produce, for greater flow that makes feeding infants and babies easier.
You can shop for a range of fenugreek supplements at eVitamins to help with all your health needs. Check back next Monday to learn more about another one of our favorite supplements. Have a great week!
Products you may like:
Solaray Fenugreek Seed
Why you may like this product? Solaray's product provides
1.24 g of fenugreek leaf
extract per serving for
digestive, cardiovascular and
This fenugreek supplement is
organically processed and free
of binders or fillers.
Nature's Way Fenugreek Seed 610 mg
Why you may like this product? While fenugreek seeds are
commonly used for cooking,
they also have several health
benefits. One of the many
reasons to take fenugreek
includes increased lactation
for nursing women. Fenugreek
also promotes digestive