Brushing our teeth is how many of us begin and end our days and we expect a lot from the products we choose to keep our mouths clean and healthy. We want white, plaque-free, tartar-free teeth that are squeaky clean, not sensitive to hot or cold foods and beverages and of course, no cavities.
Thankfully, you can get all those benefits from a natural toothpaste you can feel good about using. But what should you look for on the package?
A natural toothpaste should be free of artificial colors or flavors as well as preservatives and parabens. You can also find sulfate and gluten-free varieties. Now, onto what you want in there. Here are 10 ingredients to check the label for when shopping for a natural toothpaste:
1. Neem -- The leaves and bark of the neem plant are packed with antioxidants that protect your entire mouth from the damage of free radicals and help fight off bacteria and prevent plaque buildup.
2. Baking Soda -- This powder is mildly abrasive, helping remove surface stains and plaque that has built up on the surface of the teeth and along the gum line. Baking soda also helps keep your breath smelling fresh.
3. Xylitol -- A type of sugar alcohol, xylitol actually does the opposite of what you associate with "sugar." Xylitol can balance pH levels, help prevent tooth decay, plaque buildup and the growth of harmful bacteria in your mouth.
4. Natural Flavors -- If you choose a flavored toothpaste, make sure you're getting real fruit and herbal extracts. You also don't want any artificial sweeteners in there. Some products will contains stevia, which is an all-natural, calorie-free sweetener.
5. Aloe Vera -- A refreshing, non-abrasive ingredient to look for, aloe vera is also antibacterial and provides nourishment for healthy gums and teeth.
6. Tea Tree Oil -- This oil has countless uses, but it's tea tree oil's antifungal and antiseptic properties that make it a natural germ fighter when added to your toothpaste.
7. Minerals -- Zinc, calcium and silica are important for dental health, as well as magnesium. These minerals help fortify the tooth and enamel to prevent cavities and decay that can lead to chipping or breaking. They can also help whiten teeth.
8. Perilla Seed -- This amazing ingredient prevents the formation of tarter by inhibiting sugars and other substances from bonding with the minerals found naturally in your saliva.
9. Herbs -- Herbal extracts can be used to flavor a toothpaste as well as provide benefits for the teeth. You can find peppermint, of course, as well as ginger and slippery elm which help fight germs for healthy gums.
10. Fluoride -- It's important to check if your toothpaste has fluoride or doesn't, in case you want it and in case you don't. Fluoride is added to protect the teeth from acid erosion and plaque buildup. It's a controversial ingredient, as it can be toxic in high amounts, and products are available with and without it.
Brushing at least twice a day can help prevent cavities, tooth decay, gingivitis, plague and tartar buildup and more. You don't have to settle for dental care products with ingredients you can't pronounce or aren't comfortable consuming. Shop eVitamins' entire selection of oral care products for a healthier mouth!
Отказ от ответственности:
eVitamins рекомендует не полагаться на информацию, представленную в этой статье, в качестве диагноза для лечения каких-либо претензий по поводу здоровья. Содержимое и информация на этом сайте предназначены для справочных целей и не предназначены для замены рекомендаций, данных врачом, фармацевтом или другим лицензированным медицинским работником. Вы не должны использовать эту информацию для самодиагностики или для лечения проблем со здоровьем или заболеваний. Если вы подозреваете, что у вас есть проблемы со здоровьем, немедленно свяжитесь с вашим врачом. Информация и заявления в этой статье не были оценены Управлением по контролю за продуктами и лекарствами США и не предназначены для диагностики, лечения или предотвращения каких-либо заболеваний или состояний здоровья. eVitamins не несет ответственности за неточности или искажения.