10 Best Supplements to Boost Brain Health - eVitamins Россия
|Best General Brain Formulas
Do you ever feel like your mind just isn't running at full capacity? You have a million thoughts in your head but none of them seem to process the way they should? As we stretch ourselves thinner and thinner, it may seem impossible for your mind to catch up.
However, the solution may lie in your diet. Studies have shown a direct correlation between a deficiency of these 10 nutrients and decreased brain function:
1. Vitamin E --Antioxidants help the brain function properly and keep toxins away. Vitamin E plays a role in many bodily functions by protecting cells from damage. Its main role is keeping red blood cells healthy so they're able to carry oxygen to the brain. Vitamin E supplements have been shown to significantly reduce the risk of mental conditions such as dementia and Alzheimer's disease by maintaining healthy brain function.
2. Vitamin B6 -- A sufficient amount of vitamin B6 on a daily basis enables your brain to make enough dopamine (another type of neurotransmitter). Vitamin B6 also helps convert 5-hydroxy-tryptophan (5-HTP) into serotonin, which keeps your mood steady so you remain focused on the task at hand.
3. Vitamin B12 -- Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin required for red blood cell formation, DNA synthesis and proper functioning of the central nervous system. A deficiency in vitamin B12 can lead to memory loss and mental slowness. Supplementation with vitamin B12 has been found to improve depressive moods and increase mental alertness.
4. Folic Acid -- Folic acid controls the levels of homocysteine in the blood. When in excess, homocysteine can damage brain cells. Folic acid has also been shown to improve short-term memory loss, improve alertness and rid you of that sluggish feeling.
5. Magnesium -- Magnesium plays an important role in cognitive health as it protects the brain from neurotoxins. The average recommended dosage for protecting the brain is 300 mg, taken one to three times a day.
6. Vitamin C --The brain actually has a mechanism which draws any excess vitamin C out of the blood for use in the brain. Vitamin C intercepts free radicals before they cause any damage to the brain. Vitamin C also plays an important role in the synthesis of norepinephrine which has proven critical to mood regulation and overall brain function.
7.Vitamin D -- Vitamin D regulates the enzymes which participate in the synthesis of chemicals known as neurotransmitters, which transmit messages to and from the brain. Studies have shown there are actually vitamin D receptors in the brain and the central nervous system.
8. Omega-3 -- Ingesting omega-3 fatty acids on a daily basis helps boost brain activity. Omega-3s are especially important in young kids for proper brain development during their formative years.
9. Thiamine -- Thiamine helps the brain process glucose for greater efficiency. A deficiency in thiamine is typically found in those who consistently consume alcoholic beverages and can lead to poor memory, numbness, fatigue, irritation or other neurological disorders.
10. Niacin -- Niacin is vital for increasing blood flow to the brain, lowering blood pressure and reducing cholesterol levels within the blood. A deficiency can cause a wide variety of heart and brain problems.
Before beginning any supplement regimen, it's important to consult your doctor. They can run tests to determine any deficiencies in the nutrients mentioned above and recommend a proper dosage. For these and other products to help increase brain function, check out eVitamins!
Products you may like:
Now Foods Vitamin E Mixed Tocopherols
Why you may like this product? Vitamin E is an important antioxidant which helps prevent the oxidative breakdown of important cells in your body. Each softgel contains 400 IUs of vitamin E.
Nature's Plus Sustained Release Vitamin B-6 500 mg
Why you may like this product? Each supplement contains 100 mg
of vitamin B6 and is fortified
with rice bran. Use vitamin B6
to help regulate your mood and
improve brain function.