Generally, when you're striving for clear, radiant skin, oil is the last thing you think of. But oils actually have major benefits for your skin -- you just have to pick the right one and know how to use it.
Why Oil for Skin?
There are lots of great reasons to try using oil on your skin. If you're doubtful, consider these benefits:
They provide antioxidant protection against free radicals.
Oils deeply hydrate and help the skin hold onto moisture.
They enhance absorption of other products, like serums.
Oils reduce and prevent irritation and inflammation.
They provide essential fatty acids and vitamins for healthy nourishment.
Another great thing about oils is that they're gentle on the skin because they're all natural. No harsh chemicals or preservatives.
The Oils to Try
Which oil is right for you? Below are five amazing oils that each provide wonderful benefits for the skin. Check them out:
1. Olive -- The reason olive oil is good for the inside of the body is the same for the outside of the body: omega-3 essential fatty acids. These EFAs deeply hydrate the skin and protect its structure.
2. Argan -- This amazing oil from Morocco provides antioxidants that prevent free radicals from damaging skin cells and preventing visible signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles.
3. Coconut -- Coconut oil contains medium-chain fatty acids that are moisturizing. This oil also support proper healing of the skin.
4. Almond -- Rich in good fats, almond oil can help clear the complexion while also softening the skin's texture when used regularly.
5. Vitamin E -- This vitamin is an amazing antioxidant to fight free radicals. Vitamin E also promotes wound healing and can even reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
Tips for Using Oils
Just like any skincare product, there is a right way and a wrong way to use oils on your skin. Here are some tips for success:
Less is more. Just a few drops will do for your whole face.
Apply the oil to clean skin before your other products.
Press the oil into the skin with your hands instead of rubbing it in.
Store your oil outside of the bathroom, where moisture in the air can encourage the growth of bacteria.
If you have any food allergies, test the oil on a small part of the skin and wait at least a few hours to check for a reaction.
Shop for pure oils, ideally organic, cold pressed and virgin. This preserves as much of the oil's beneficial properties as possible.
All of these oils can be applied from head to toe for amazing results. Give them a try at eVitamins and let us know how they work for you. Your skin will thank you!
Exención de responsabilidad:
eVitamins recomienda que no confíe en la información presentada en este artículo como diagnóstico para el tratamiento de cualquier reclamo de salud. El contenido y la información en este sitio son para fines de referencia y no pretenden sustituir el consejo proporcionado por un médico, farmacéutico u otro profesional de la salud con licencia. No debe utilizar esta información como autodiagnóstico o para tratar un problema de salud o enfermedad. Comuníquese con su proveedor de atención médica de inmediato si sospecha que tiene un problema médico. La información y las declaraciones en este artículo no han sido evaluadas por la Administración de Drogas y Alimentos de los EE. UU. Y no están destinadas a diagnosticar, tratar, curar o prevenir ninguna enfermedad o afección médica. eVitamins no asume ninguna responsabilidad por inexactitudes o errores.