Otros artículos populares
25 Ways to Use Coconut Oil
|By Petra Trudell, Managing Editor on Tuesday, July 29, 2014|
|Coconut oil is one of our favorites and a must have for your home. Check out 25 of our favorite ways to use it in today Learn more at eVitamins Peru.||
Coconut oil is produced by pressing fresh coconuts. It's best when cold pressed and extra virgin, meaning it hasn't been heated or gone through any major processing.
What makes coconut oil so great is the presence of monounsaturated fatty acids, which used to have a pretty bad reputation, but not anymore. Coconut oil can be consumed and used in place of a number of health and beauty items -- you just have to be a little creative.
Without further ado, here are 25 of our favorite ways to use coconut oil.
1. Cooking Oil -- Coconut oil has a relatively low smoke point of about 350 degrees Fahrenheit, so you can use it for cooking vegetables, protein and eggs in a pay over low to medium heat.
2. Toast Topping -- Switch out your butter for some slightly sweet coconut oil on your whole grain or sprouted toast.
3. Makeup Remover -- Coconut oil quickly dissolves even waterproof makeup. Just put some on a cotton ball or even apply with your hands.
4. Weight Loss Aide -- Consuming coconut oil in water before meals may help control your appetite, filling you up so you eat less during the meal to promote weight loss.
5. Diaper Cream -- Soothe and prevent diaper rash on your baby's bottom with coconut oil.
6. Smoothie Mix-in -- Adding a tablespoon of coconut oil to your smoothie provides healthy fats, regulates the appetite and provides a smoother texture.
7. Dental Care -- Use coconut oil for "oil pulling," which involves moving the oil around in your mouth (pulling it between the teeth) for up to 30 minutes to kill bacteria and whiten.
8. Massage Oil -- Soothe tired, sore muscles with a relaxing massage to help loosen any knots and relieve fatigue.
9. Vegan Chocolate -- Create vegan chocolate by combining coconut oil with cocoa powder and a little bit of stevia. Refrigerate to harden.
10. Itch Reliever -- Dab some coconut oil onto bug bites or rashes caused by poisonous plants to reduce itching and discomfort.
11. Body Moisturizer -- After bathing, slathering on some coconut oil helps seal moisture into the skin. It also makes you smell wonderful.
12. Facial Moisturizer -- Contrary to what you may think, using oils on the face can actually help regulate oil production. Coconut oil may also help reduce acne.
13. Popcorn -- You can use coconut oil to both pop kernels and as a topping for popped kernels.
14. Energy Booster -- Enjoy a tablespoon straight in the morning to feel more awake and energized.
15. Hair Mask -- Try massaging coconut oil into your hair from the mid shaft to the ends and sleeping with a shower cap on one night per week. Your hair will be more shiny, soft and strong.
16. Stretch Marks -- Apply regularly to the abdomen during pregnancy to prevent stretch marks.
17. Body Scrub -- Mix with baking soda or brown sugar for an exfoliating scrub to use in the shower.
18. Appliance Maintenance -- Use coconut oil to keep the working parts in small appliances (like a blender) properly lubricated.
19. Shaving Cream -- Instead of alcohol-based shaving creams that can be irritating, use some coconut oil to keep the legs protected and allow the blade to slide smoothly over the skin for a close shave.
20. Dandruff Fighter -- Massage coconut oil into the scalp to fight bacteria that can lead to dandruff.
21. Shoe Shiner -- Rub some coconut oil onto patent leather shoes to remove scuff marks and make them shine again.
22. Hair Tamer -- After drying and styling your hair, use a tiny bit to hydrate the ends and tame any flyaways.
23. Kitchen Conditioner -- Cast iron skillets and wooden bowls and cutting boards need oil to be properly conditioned, for which coconut oil is perfect.
24. Coffee Enhancer -- Mixing coconut oil into your coffee can provide delicious flavor so you can skip the milk and sugar.
25. Get Unstuck -- Whether it's a ring that won't come off a finger or a zipper that's jammed, coconut oil can help.
Pick up a jar of coconut oil from eVitamins today and let us know what your favorite ways to use it. Stay well!
Related Articles:Olive Oil: Benefits and Unexpected UsesSurprising Facts About Honey and the Bees it Comes FromThe Whole, Raw and Pasteurized Milk Debate
|Related Articles You May Like|
|Coconut Oil - Productos que te gustará|