What to Look For In a Natural Toothpaste
|By Petra Trudell, Managing Editor on Tuesday, June 4, 2013|
|There are several natural toothpastes out there free of artificial
anything. Brushing your teeth just got a whole lot better.||
Brushing our teeth is how many of us begin and end our days and we expect a lot from the products we choose to keep our mouths clean and healthy. We want white, plaque-free, tartar-free teeth that are squeaky clean, not sensitive to hot or cold foods and beverages and of course, no cavities.
Thankfully, you can get all those benefits from a natural toothpaste you can feel good about using. But what should you look for on the package?
A natural toothpaste should be free of artificial colors or flavors as well as preservatives and parabens. You can also find sulfate and gluten-free varieties. Now, onto what you want in there. Here are 10 ingredients to check the label for when shopping for a natural toothpaste:
1. Neem -- The leaves and bark of the neem plant are packed with antioxidants that protect your entire mouth from the damage of free radicals and help fight off bacteria and prevent plaque buildup.
2. Baking Soda -- This powder is mildly abrasive, helping remove surface stains and plaque that has built up on the surface of the teeth and along the gum line. Baking soda also helps keep your breath smelling fresh.
3. Xylitol -- A type of sugar alcohol, xylitol actually does the opposite of what you associate with "sugar." Xylitol can balance pH levels, help prevent tooth decay, plaque buildup and the growth of harmful bacteria in your mouth.
4. Natural Flavors -- If you choose a flavored toothpaste, make sure you're getting real fruit and herbal extracts. You also don't want any artificial sweeteners in there. Some products will contains stevia, which is an all-natural, calorie-free sweetener.
5. Aloe Vera -- A refreshing, non-abrasive ingredient to look for, aloe vera is also antibacterial and provides nourishment for healthy gums and teeth.
6. Tea Tree Oil -- This oil has countless uses, but it's tea tree oil's antifungal and antiseptic properties that make it a natural germ fighter when added to your toothpaste.
7. Minerals -- Zinc, calcium and silica are important for dental health, as well as magnesium. These minerals help fortify the tooth and enamel to prevent cavities and decay that can lead to chipping or breaking. They can also help whiten teeth.
8. Perilla Seed -- This amazing ingredient prevents the formation of tarter by inhibiting sugars and other substances from bonding with the minerals found naturally in your saliva.
9. Herbs -- Herbal extracts can be used to flavor a toothpaste as well as provide benefits for the teeth. You can find peppermint, of course, as well as ginger and slippery elm which help fight germs for healthy gums.
10. Fluoride -- It's important to check if your toothpaste has fluoride or doesn't, in case you want it and in case you don't. Fluoride is added to protect the teeth from acid erosion and plaque buildup. It's a controversial ingredient, as it can be toxic in high amounts, and products are available with and without it.
Brushing at least twice a day can help prevent cavities, tooth decay, gingivitis, plague and tartar buildup and more. You don't have to settle for dental care products with ingredients you can't pronounce or aren't comfortable consuming. Shop eVitamins' entire selection of oral care products for a healthier mouth!
Baby Shampoo, 아기샴푸, 베이비샴푸, 베이비 샴푸
ADHD, ADD, 어린이 주의력결핍장애, 주의력결핍
Baby Care, 아기목욕
Baby Formula & Food 아기 이유식, 아기과자
Baby Personal Care, 베이비케어, 베이비 로션, 샴푸
Baby, Creams & Ointments, 카렌듈라, 연고
Baby, Hand Soaps & Sanitizers, 아기 손세정제
Bath & Body Washes, 아기샴푸, 아기 바디워시
Bed Wetting Solutions, 베이비패드, 방수패드
Children's Calcium, 어린이 칼슘, 어린이칼슘, 칼슘
Children's Cold & Flu, 어린이감기, 어린이독감, 감기약, 감기, 독감
Children's Probiotics, 어린이 프로바이오틱스, 어린이유산균
Children's Supplements, 어린이 영양보충제, 어린이 보조식품, 어린이영양제, 영양제
Cuts - Bumps - Bruises
Diapers & Wipes
Kids Multivitamins, 어린이 종합비타민
Lactose Intolerance, 젖당불내증
Moms & Maternity
Teething, 치발기, 천연치발기,
|치약 - 고객님께서 좋아할만한 제품|
Why you may like this product? You get all the benefits of
neem plus calcium, xylitol and
herbal extracts like clove.
Made without artificial
ingredients, this toothpaste
fights bacteria and plaque and
Why you may like this product? The main ingredient in this
natural toothpaste is xylitol,
which prevents tooth decay and
the buildup of plaque. Your
teeth will be whiter with