Optimum Nutrition has been making some of the best-selling supplements in the industry for decades, including their Gold Standard 100% Whey. Since the beginning, they’ve done things a bit differently in order to stand out from the pack and provide the best possible quality supplements.
The Story of Optimum Nutrition
Optimum Nutrition Inc., which is based in Aurora, Illinois was founded in 1986 by two fitness-minded brothers, Tony and Mike Costello, who originally called the company Costello’s Health Distributors. The brothers wanted to create products of consistent high quality that active people, both professional athletes and not, could rely upon to take them to the next level of their training.
Today, Optimum Nutrition Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Glandia and has two brands, Optimum Nutrition and ABB Performance.
What Sets Them Apart
In an industry with countless companies making similar products, it’s crucial for a brand to find ways to distinguish itself to gain lasting fans. Here are some of the reasons Optimum Nutrition is unique among other health brands:
1. They produce products in all major categories: vitamins, minerals, energy supplements, bars, protein powders and ready-to-drink shakes.
2. To control quality and standards, they manufacture all products in three state-of-the-art facilities.
3. They were the first to offer a casein protein powder.
4. Their Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point program (HACCP) ensures all products are free of microbiological, physical and chemical contaminants.
5. All products are made in GMP-registered plants (Good Manufacturing Practices).
Gold Standard 100% Whey
Far and above their best-selling product, Optimum Nutrition’s Gold Standard 100% Whey is made with both whey protein isolates and whey protein concentrate. Each serving provides 24 g of protein in a formula designed to mix easily without a blender. Protein is essential for muscle growth and recovery.
The original formula also provides more than 5 g of branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) as well as enzymes. What you won’t find in the product are artificial flavors or sweeteners — the product is available in chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. It’s these reasons that have made this product a favorite among athletes of all experience levels looking for improved endurance and lean muscle mass.
To this day, Optimum Nutrition, Inc. strives to stay ahead of the curve and adjust to changing customer needs without compromising quality or making their products too expensive.