Learn the Amazing Health Benefits of Sex
|Best Sexual Health Products
"I'm too busy."
"I have a headache."
Anyone who is sexually active has most likely either used these lines or had a partner use them in the past to deter sexual advances. But skipping out on sex could mean you're missing out on more than just some one-on-one time with your partner.
Aside from the more obvious physical benefits of sex, there are some pretty great health benefits for hopping in the sack more often. So if you're constantly trying to talk your partner into having sex, we've got some important facts to support your case, and if you're just not that into it, we're here to change your mind. So, listen up!
1. Less Stress -- No surprise here, but sex helps reduce stress by allowing you to burn off some steam and take your mind off everyday stresses at home or at work. That relaxation also leads to better sleep.
2. Better Blood Pressure -- Need to improve your diastolic blood pressure? Sex can help you lower your number, which should ideally be below 80 and is the bottom number of the blood pressure ratio.
3. Look Younger -- This one is especially for the ladies. Participants in a study conducted at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital who had sex an average of four times per week looked between seven and 12 years younger than their actual age, thanks to the extra hormones released.
4. Weight Loss -- If you're trying to shed extra pounds, here's a fun fact: One hour of sexual activity burns about 170 calories. Those calories add up and you can always intensify the activity level for greater calorie burn. Don't they always say find a form of exercise you enjoy?
5. Increased Immunity -- Weekly sexual activity has actually been shown to increase the amount of immunoglobin A or IgA produced by the body. This antibody helps fight off common infections, like a cold, according to researchers at Wilkes University.
6. Reduce Pain -- Nicknamed the "love hormone," oxytocin is secreted by the pituitary gland after orgasm. Oxytocin, in turn, triggers endorphins, which act as painkillers within the body. Better than a pill for that headache.
7. Heart Health -- The cardio involved in sex increased blood flow and gets your heart beating, which is great exercise for it. Studies show having sex at least twice a week can reduce your risk for a heart attack, particularly in women.
8. Decreased Cancer Risk -- A study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association explained that men who experienced 21 or more ejaculations every month had a lower risk of developing prostate cancer.
9. Feel Better -- Having a healthy sexual relationship with your partner can boost self esteem and allows you to experience greater intimacy, even if it ends in a good cry. Heck, it just makes you happy, right?!
10. Greater Longevity -- Perhaps for all the reasons previously mentioned, studies have shown that men and women who have sex regularly tend to live longer. One study at Duke University found women live seven to eight years longer with regular sexual activity.
Now that you know the benefits, you're out of excuses to not sneak in a romp at least twice a week. We've got everything you need for a good time at eVitamins. So mark your calendar, set an alarm on your phone or whatever it takes and get busy! Doctor's orders.
Products you may like:
Natural Research Innovation Venicore
Why you may like this product? Venicore is an amazing
supplement for men looking to
enhance their sexual
performance. This supplement
contains a blend of herbs like
muira puama and tongkat ali to
boost arousal and endurance.
Collective Wellbeing Good Glide with Love Beads
Why you may like this product? This water-based lubricant can
help you please your partner
every time. This lubricant
contains aloe vera and hemp
oil beads that dissolve on
contact for greater
|Healthy Tips for Better Sex This Year|
Are you in a sex slump? Low libido or a lack of romance can really hinder intimacy between you and your partner. In this post, learn some new ways to turn the heat back up for better sex this year.
|Keeping the Spark in Your Relationship|
If you've been with your partner for a while now, the intimacy may
like it’s dwindling. These tips and tricks will help you reignite the
|Healthy Ways to Keep Love Alive|
It's easy for even the most loving of couples to fall into a rut. Read more to discover fun ways to keep your love - and your bodies - healthy and alive.