10 Best Uses for Brewers Yeast
|By Petra Trudell, Managing Editor on Monday, November 5, 2012|
|Sometimes nutrition is found in the most unlikely places. This yeast may have started for beer but it||
Brewer's yeast is named as such for one very simple reason -- it's used to make beer. However, this yeast, produced from a single-celled fungus called Saccharomyces cerevisiae, has been found to have some awesome nutritional and health benefits.
Does this mean beer's now good for you? Sorry to disappoint, but you should still consider adding brewer's yeast to your daily routine. Here are the 10 best benefits of and uses for brewer's yeast:
1. General Nutrition -- Brewer's yeast is an easy way to add a nutritive boost to your meals or snacks. This yeast is rich in protein, amino acids, fiber, B-complex vitamins and trace minerals. These essential nutrients have lots of amazing health benefits that we'll get to in a minute.
2. Digestive Aid -- The nutrients found within brewer's yeast strengthen and support proper breakdown and digestion of food. This yeast also contains some "good bacteria," or probiotics, which also support healthy digestion. Lastly, brewer's yeast is known to activate certain enzymes to prevent or relieve digestive issues like diarrhea.
3. Menstrual Relief -- Women who add brewer's yeast to their healthy diet can help reduce the severity or occurrence of their symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS), which often include cramping, bloating and food cravings/changes in appetite.
4. Skin Conditions -- The B vitamins and trace minerals found in brewer's yeast can help correct any nutritional imbalances that could lead to acne breakouts, helping to reduce the inflammation and clear the skin. These same nutrients may also improve the symptoms of other skin conditions, such as eczema.
5. Immune System Support -- Brewer's yeast contains a very important trace mineral, selenium, that acts as a powerful antioxidant within the body, fighting off the potential damage of free radicals. This yeast is also said to strengthen the gut's mucus membrane to keep out infection.
6. Energy Booster -- This is one of Dr. Mehmet Oz's favorite reasons to try brewer's yeast. He's discussed this supplement on "The Dr. Oz Show" multiple times, but his most popular recommendation is to sprinkle some brewer's yeast onto freshly popped popcorn. It will add a cheesy, nutty flavor and the B-complex vitamins and protein will give you a pick-me-up.
7. Blood Sugar Regulation -- The chromium found within brewer's yeast is known to maintain the ideal amount of blood glucose. Chromium can help lower glucose levels in the blood while boosting glucose tolerance and therefore lowering the amount of insulin a diabetic needs.
8. Respiratory Wellness -- By strengthening the immune system, brewer's yeast can help you fight off the common cold or flu and maintain healthy respiration, especially during the cold and allergy season.
9. Heart Health -- Adding brewer's yeast to your diet may help you lower your LDL, or "bad" cholesterol into the desired range, as part of a healthy, balanced diet and regular exercise. Brewer's yeast is rich in a type of fiber known as beta glucans, which inhibit cholesterol absorption, lowering LDL and raising HDL, or "good" cholesterol. Cholesterol management helps reduce the risk for heart attack, stroke and heart disease.
10. Weight Management -- The protein and fiber in brewer's yeast can be a great source of healthy fuel for a workout and help you feel satiated. The chromium also keeps blood sugar levels stable, preventing the spikes and crashes that can lead to overeating.
Brewer's yeast is most commonly available as a powder or in flake form and is usually yellow in color. Top prepared foods with the yeast as desired and enjoy! As always, speak with your physician before adding brewer's yeast to your routine for the purpose of managing any of the health issues mentioned above. Shop for great brewer's yeast products at eVitamins and check back next week to learn more about another great supplement!
Related Articles:Everything You Need to Know About Hemp Protein PowderThe Ultimate Tea Guide: Brewing, Remedies and More!Traditional Native American Remedies We Still Use Today
|Related Articles You May Like|
Folic Acid, 엽산
Liquid Vitamin B, 액상비타민 B, 비타민B
Vitamin B Complex. 비타민B
Vitamin B1 - Thiamine, 비타민B1- 티아민
Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin, 비타민B2 - 리보플라빈, 비타민 B2
Vitamin B5, 비타민B5 - 판토텐산, 비타민 B5
Vitamin B6 - Pyridoxine, 비타민B6 - 피리독신, 비타민 B6
Vitamins B12, 비타민 B12
식품 기반 비타민 B
|Brewers Yeast - 고객님께서 좋아할만한 제품|