It’s no secret that many celebs choose the latest fad diets and plastic surgeries to look their best. But you still have the ones who pay attention to their bodies and want to stay healthy. You have the ones who take vitamins to ensure they receive the nutrients their bodies needs when they don’t have a chance to eat what they should, as they lead their busy celebrity lives.
Let’s start with Hilary Swank. Think she is beautiful? Of course she is! Want to take 45 vitamins a day? That’s right, she takes a sandwich size bag full of supplements a day. She has everything from an immune system builder, memory enhancer, and even one to boost her longevity. She doesn’t only pop pills, she has her own personalized nurse give her vitamin injections too. Swank is certainly on a mission to test the effectiveness of the power of vitamin supplementation.
It’s not as if she just relies on her health with vitamins though. She sleeps six hours a night and gets in an hour workout each day too. She doesn’t deprive herself of sweets but does eat well. She definitely has it all balanced out for sure, and her looks show that she’s doing something right.
Shooting Up the Nutrition
Feeling sluggish? Try shooting up vitamins like one celebrity! Madonna has been criticized by British nutritionists for injecting herself with vitamin B6 and B12 for energy. Apparently, she was spotted on an airplane, injecting them into herself right in plain sight.
While you probably wouldn’t think vitamin injections are so bad, the British Nutrition Foundation is completely against this practice and warns people against it. They say that people don’t understand that overdose is easy with vitamin injections, which could lead to serious illness and even death.
Another celebrity that has fell victim to the scrutiny of the British Nutrition Foundation for her vitamin regimen is Geri Halliwell. You know her – ex-Spice girl. She claims it's how she stays so thin and full of energy.
Vitamin Enriched Beauty Products
Besides the celebs who are bananas for vitamins, we have the ones who are using it in their beauty products:
- Boxer Laila Ali uses a product with vitamin E in it to smooth her skin on her thighs.
- Courteney Cox Arquette uses a vitamin C and E enriched product to help reduce creases around her eyes that pop up after makeup application.
- Looking for something to ease the stress on your hair after coloring? You could use Maria Bartiromo’s product trick of a coconut-based conditioner.
- Cold weather can dry out your skin – products with omega 3 oil can help you balance out your skin’s moisture levels. Yes, you can put THIS oil on your face. Chelsea Handler does!
- Worried about the sun’s effects on your skin? Rachel Ray is and uses a product with red ginger and green tea for it.
- Denise Richards fight her fine lines with an antioxidant called coenzyme Q10 – have you looked in the mirror lately?
- If you have looked in the mirror and see that you’re not as young as you used to be, you may find the fountain of youth in products that contain the ingredient that Catherine Zeta-Jones uses, idebenone.
Moderation Is Key in Everything
Vitamins are good for you but too many of them aren’t good for you. This is true for everything in life. Take your vitamins as you need to and leave the extreme for the extremists because as you can see from their extraordinary life, they are leading that type of life anyway.
Take one message from them. Staying healthy means getting the nutrients, exercise you needs and taking care of yourself. As long as you follow those messages, you’ll be beautiful inside and out.