Herbs for Freeing Memory - eVitamins 香港
|Marcelina Hardy, Staff Writer|
Friday, October 14, 2011
|The memory functions similarly to a muscle - the more it gets used, the stronger it becomes. Here are the best herbs for optimizing your memory's functionality.||
How often do you say to someone, “Oh no! I’m so sorry, I forgot!”
How lost would you be without your planner for a day? What about a week?
If your memory was in tiptop shape and you relied on it more, you wouldn’t be saying that you forgot as much nor would you go into panic mode when you didn’t have your planner by your side.
Your Amazing Memory
Your memory serves an important function in every part of your life. You need to know what you need to do when you need to do it.
While having a planner is always handy to keep detailed information, sometimes your memory is the only thing you can rely on when your planner isn’t by your side. This is when you’ll have to count on your memory’s performance.
Your memory actually has the capability of having just as much functionality as any type of technology you can buy today. That’s right, just when you thought that your brain isn’t as good as your smartphone, iPad or computer, you’re just not giving yourself enough credit.
The truth is that stress and lack of use are the two reasons why people believe their memory isn’t as good as their handy dandy planning devises. If they can learn to cut down on stress and use their memory more, they will find that they don’t have to keep up with any more than the body part that sits between their shoulders.
How Herbs Can Help Your Memory
Your memory is a built in function that should be used as much as possible. The more you use it, the better it will get. But what do you do to kick it into gear after it’s been out of much use for a while? Well, you could start to take some herbal remedies that are known for their memory enhancing abilities.
Not only that, many of these herbs are also known to decrease stress. With your stress levels low, and your memory retention ability high, you’ll begin to discover the amazing wonder of your own built in planning system.
Memory Enhancing Herbs
- Ginseng: Well-known stress reducer and memory enhancer that also boosts alertness and concentration.
- Ginkgo Biloba: According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, this herb has been used to improve memory for many years. Many studies have found that this herb is effective in doing so by improving blood circulation in the brain. Some studies have even found that this herb can be as effective as Alzheimer’s medication in delaying dementia.
- DMAE: Dr. Andrew Weil recommends DMAE as a natural way to improve brain functioning, including memory. It increases the amount of acetylcholine in the brain, which helps you learn and remember.
- DHA: ScienceDaily reports that a study published in the Alzheimer’s & Dementia: The Journal of the Alzheimer’s Association found that older adults with cognitive impairments responded favorable to DHA in memory function with supplements. Implying that DHA could be a great way for adults to preserve and improve memory in a natural way.
- Huperzine A: You can find this herb under the name of hyperzia serrate as well. This herb helps improve memory by preserving acetylcholine, which helps brain function.
- Rhodiola: Also known as, rhodiola rosea, this herb enhances immune system functioning, which also increases concentration and memory.
- Vinpocetine: This herb will thin your blood so be careful if you take other blood thinners. It will help increase oxygen for better brain circulation, which will enhance memory function.
- Bacopa monnieri: This herb helps with stress management by lowering your blood pressure. Be careful if you already have low blood pressure or take medication for high blood pressure.
- Hawthorn: Help detox your brain and boost your blood vessels’ and tissues’ strength. It will increase the amount of oxygen and nutrients in your brain, which will in turn, boost your memory.
- Bacopin: It’s believed that this herb will help you learn new material faster by improving your concentration and memory.
- Rosemary: Boost your brain function with this herb, which is a common additive in food.
- Schisandra: If you’re looking for mental clarity, try this herb. The clarity will help you concentrate and then be able to commit more to memory.
- Gotu Kola: When you can relax, you can retain more information. This herb will help you calm down so you can pay more attention to what’s important.
How to Know What to Take
Now that you know the most popular herbs to take for memory enhancement, you may be wondering which one you should take first, or how many you should take. The first thing you should do is contact your doctor to discuss if it is a good idea to take herbs with medications you are currently taking.
The next step is to be on the lookout for some herbal remedies for memory enhancements that include a combination of these herbs. Alternatively, you can try some of the bigger ones, such as the DHEA, gingko and ginseng, to see if those have an effect and if they don’t you can do a trial and error process to find which one works best on you.
Remember, memory is a use it or lose it type of function. The more you use it, the better it will get. So forget your planner more often and start relying on yourself more often.
|Related Articles You May Like|