Weekends are usually a time to catch up on tasks we put off during the week. They should also be a time to catch up on our wellbeing.
Here are 20 ways to nourish your body, mind and soul this weekend:
1. Test your brain with a puzzle or game to improve memory.
2. Try making your favorite takeout dish from scratch to cut calories and sub in healthier ingredients.
3. Do 30 minutes of stretching to release tight muscles, boost circulation and ease stress.
4. Watch a funny movie to make yourself laugh, which reduces stress and actually burns calories.
5. Pick one area of your home you've been neglecting and clean it up to remove any clutter that is causing you anxiety.
6. Volunteer your time to help others -- it will make you more appreciative of what you do have.
7. Get out and take a walk -- if you have an errand to run, try doing it on foot to sneak in some exercise.
8. Have a nice long soak in the tub with Epsom salt and lavender oil to detoxify and relax you.
9. Practice some affirmations in the mirror to remind yourself of what you've accomplished and what you're capable of and boost your mood.
10. Visit the farmer's market and stock up on seasonal produce for the week.
11. Sleep with coconut oil on your hair (from the mid shaft to ends) to nourish and repair it.
12. Visit a friend or family member you haven't seen in a while.
13. Do something to feed your soul like reading a book, listening to/playing music or completing a craft.
14. Enjoy a fruit and vegetable smoothie for breakfast and a green juice in the afternoon for an extra nutrient boost and natural energy.
15. Turn off your cell phone for at least an hour. Better yet, turn off as many electronics as you can.
16. Take your vitamins and other supplements -- many people divert from their normal routine on the weekends -- but don't take multiple doses to make up for the week.
17. Try not to wear makeup if you're laying low and give your skin a chance to breathe.
18. Release stress and burn some calories through intimacy.
19. Pick an activity that forces you to be active like walking around a museum or the zoo.
20. Shop for and prep all your meals for the coming week so you don't have to do all the work when you get home after a busy day.
Give these suggestions a try this weekend and you'll be setting yourself up for a more successful week, come Monday. Get everything you need to stay on track at eVitamins Canada!
A eVitamins recomenda que você não confie nas informações apresentadas neste artigo como diagnóstico para tratamento de qualquer problema de saúde. O conteúdo e as informações contidas neste site são para fins de referência e NÃO devem substituir intruções dadas por um médico, farmacêutico ou qualquer outro profissional de saúde licenciado. Você não deve usar essas informações como autodiagnóstico ou para tratar um problema de saúde ou doença. Entre em contato com seu médico imediatamente se você suspeita que tem um problema de saúde. As informações e declarações contidas neste artigo não foram avaliadas pela Food and Drug Administration dos EUA e não se destinam a diagnosticar, tratar, curar ou prevenir qualquer doença ou condição de saúde. A eVitamins não assume nenhuma responsabilidade por imprecisões ou distorções.