Apple cider vinegar has transitioned from popular cooking ingredient to health tonic, with men and women gulping down this sour stuff by the bottle. But why?
Apple cider vinegar has many healthful compounds, like acetic acid, pectin, malic acid and the minerals iron, calcium and magnesium and therefore, many uses. Apple cider vinegar supports healthy skin, clearing up acne and soothing skin irritations, stops dandruff, relieves a sore throat and even whitens teeth. When it comes to weight loss, it's most popular use as of late, apple cider vinegar acts like a stimulant, boosting the metabolism to help the body burn both stored fat and fat you consume through food your energy. This action is attributed the acetic acid and pectin.
While it's available in capsule and tablet form, many people still choose to drink it and everyone has their favorite recipe, so we decided to come up with some healthy apple cider vinegar drinks for you to try. In keeping with the proper jargon of apple cider vinegar enthusiasts, we'll now be referring to the main ingredient as ACV. Since most users and advocates of ACV seem to recommended 2 tbsp, that will be our standard serving.
1. The Extremist: ACV straight up in a shot class. That's all there is too it. You could call it the "purist," but this stuff packs a bite.
2. The Oz: Dr. Mehmet Oz recommended combining ACV with grapefruit juice and honey to mellow the taste and create a slimming mocktail. Grapefruit also has fat-burning qualities -- bonus!
3. The Soda Lover: ACV with agave syrup and seltzer water that's free of calories, sodium and sugar. Get the fizz you're after without reaching for liquid calories.
4. The Slimonade: ACV with lemon juice, filtered water, liquid stevia extract and a dash of cayenne pepper. A twist on a more popular cleanse, the ACV and pepper will boost metabolism. But please, eat something.
5. The Greenie: ACV with green food drink mix. Get your daily greens for energy, vitamins and minerals and support weight management.
6. The Half Shirley: ACV with lemon or lime seltzer water and a splash of tart cherry juice. A bright-tasting mix, the tart cherry juice actually helps prevent muscle soreness from all the exercising you're doing, right?
7. The Pina No Blubber: ACV with coconut water and pineapple juice. While you may not feel like you're on a tropical island, it can help you get ready for your bikini a little faster. Coconut water is also loaded with potassium and electrolytes.
8. The Superoxidant: ACV with pomegranate juice and water. Pomegranate juice has a whole slew of health benefits, fighting off free radicals that can age us and make us sick while also supporting healthy weight.
9. The Johnny Appleseed: ACV with apple cider (the real stuff -- cloudy and sweet, with no added ingredients) and a dash of cinnamon. You'll get the tart taste of apple with the kick of cinnamon, a natural blood sugar regulator to prevent cravings for sugar and carbohydrates.
You can also add ACV to smoothies (either fruit or vegetable based or both) to give them an extra kick of nutrients. You can also use seltzer water in place of tap water for more fizz and be sure to buy pure juices, instead of sugar-loaded versions from concentrates. Now, be warned, if you've never had apple cider vinegar on it's own, this stuff has some bite. While these drinks will help with that, they obviously won't be as tasty as the original drinks that inspired them.
Give these recipes a try and create your own to help you enjoy the benefits of apple cider vinegar. Shop for quality apple cider vinegar products at eVitamins and enjoy! Cheers!
Products you may like:
Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Why you may like this product? Produced from organically
grown apples, this apple cider
vinegar has been diluted with
purified water to be more
palatable and has no
preservatives. Add it to any
of the recipes mentioned above
or cook with it to get its
Only Natural Apple Cider Vinegar, Grapefruit & Cayenne Why you may like this product? Still not into drinking it?
Consider this capsule version
of a ACV drink. This
supplement combines 500 mg of
ACV with 100 mg of cayenne
pepper and 100 mg of
grapefruit rind to speed up
your metabolism and help you
lose more weight. It also
helps lower cholesterol,
balance blood sugar and remove
10 Reasons to Go Apple Crazy This Fall Fall is the perfect time of year to enjoy apples and all the amazing benefits they have to
offer. In today's post, learn all about apples and check out our recipe for a healthier
Our 6 Favorite Ways to Use Apple Cider Vinegar Apple cider vinegar is a popular home remedy used in countless applications for years.
Read on to discover our six best ways to utilize that apple cider vinegar hanging out in
the back of your pantry.
eVitamins, Copyright 1999-2016. All Rights Reserved.
Statements made about specific vitamins, supplements, procedures or other items sold on or through this website have not been evaluated by eVitamins or by the United States Food and Drug Administration. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. As always, please consult with a licensed doctor or physician before starting any diet, exercise or supplement program, before taking any vitamin or medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a problem.