Winter brings with it snow, sweaters and, unfortunately, skin that can be dry and itchy. The cause is the dryness in the air that can strip the skin of its natural moisture. Thankfully, there are some easy changes you can make to your daily routine to reduce any irritation and keep skin soft.
Try these 10 suggestions to combat winter skin:
1. Swap out your moisturizer for ultra-hydrating extra virgin coconut oil or argan oil and use as soon as you get out of the shower or bath.
2. Turn down the temperature of the water you shower or bathe in, since hot water can be extra drying.
3. Use a humidifier in your home and/or office to keep the air from becoming too dry.
4. Avoid itchy fabrics like wool that can irritate dry skin even further. Layer breathable fabrics instead to stay warm and comfortable.
5. Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids and eating foods that are also hydrating due to their high water content.
6. Make sure you're getting plenty of vitamin E in your diet with foods like almonds or with a daily multivitamin.
7. Add a serum to your skincare routine to deeply penetrate your skin for a glowing complexion.
8. Take your daily fish oil or flaxseed oil supplement which provide skin-nourishing omega-3 essential fatty acids.
9. Use a moisturizing mask on your face or any rough spots like elbows and knees. Look for ingredients like oatmeal, aloe vera and clay.
10. Avoid cranking up the heat at home. Cooler temperatures -- not cold -- are actually better for the skin than hot, dry air blasting out of your vents around the clock.
Try these tips to keep your skin smooth and comfortable all winter long. Shop skincare essentials today at eVitamins!
Related Articles:Homeopathic Skin Care Remedies5 Reasons You Should Take a BathHow to make Your Own Charcoal Face Mask