Not feeling motivated to work out today? Ready to get started on a new path to a healthier body but still can't pull the trigger? Exercise is essential for health and longevity and there are countless reasons to do it.
In case you need some reassurance, or a reason to get off the couch, here, in no particular order, are 25 reasons to make exercise a daily priority:
1. Lean muscle burns calories all day long when at rest.
2. Exercise releases endorphins which can reduce anxiety and depression and give you a better outlook.
3. Improved confidence and a more healthy self image will translate to all aspects of your life at home, work, school, etc.
4. The greater self confidence and increased stamina can lead to better sex with your partner.
5. Lowered risk for heart disease, heart attack and stroke.
6. Lowered risk for diabetes.
7. Improves circulation to bring blood rich in oxygen to all the vital systems of the body.
8. Keeps your bones strong to prevent fracture and breakage.
9. Helps you sleep better at night.
10. Gives you more energy throughout the day.
11. Weight loss. Enough said.
12. Reduce the appearance of cellulite. You can't actually get rid of it.
13. Support cognitive health slow the signs of aging like memory loss and even dementia.
14. You can make new friends and engage in some healthy competition to get aggression out.
15. Set your goals, exceed them and set new ones.
16. Strengthens your immune system to help your body fight off infection.
17. Stand taller with improved posture.
18. Reduce your risk for certain types of cancer.
19. Changes your relationship with food as you learn what fuels you and what slows you down.
20. Helps reduce blood pressure levels.
21. Strengthens the lungs for greater capacity and easier breathing.
22. Supports joint health for improved mobility and reduced risk of injury and arthritis.
23. It CAN be fun if you find what works for you, your body and your goals and stay committed.
24. Learn all the amazing things your body can do.
25. Boost stamina, so you can be ready for anything.
Still need a reason to work out more? Need some supplies? We have everything you need to get moving, from supplements to motivation, at eVitamins!
eVitamins recommends that you do not rely on the information presented in this article as diagnosis for treatment to any health claim. Content and information on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. The information and statements in this article have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. eVitamins assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements.