Do you dread getting up in the morning? Do you wake feeling tired? Does your day always begin with a flurry of confusion and running around your home trying to gobble something up for breakfast and get out the door on time?
Becoming a morning person is possible! With a little planning, you can get there. Try these 15 suggestions to turn your mornings into the best part of your day:
1. Set an alarm so you always get up at the same time all week long. Place it far from the bed so you have to get up instead of snoozing.
2. Get your daily workout in right when you wake up.
3. Never skip breakfast. Make sure to include plenty of protein to ignite your metabolism and fiber to keep you full and energized.
4. Enjoy a glass of green juice instead of coffee.
5. Pack your lunch the night before so you can just grab it and go.
6. Lay out your outfit before going to bed -- make sure to include socks, shoes and accessories. Pack your briefcase and leave it with your keys by the door.
7. Add some orange or lemon oil to your body wash or shampoo to wake you up in the shower.
8. Don’t sleep next to your phone, since the light and sound it gives off can disrupt sleep.
9. Keep a glass of water next to the bed and drink it right when you wake up.
10. Do five to 10 minutes of stretching after getting out of bed to get your blood moving and your body limber.
11. Leave a positive affirmation written down on a piece of paper attached to your mirror to get you inspired for the day ahead.
12. Use a dry brush on your skin before hopping in the shower.
13. Pass on the alcohol and caffeine late in the day, since they can keep you up at night.
14. Make sure your bedroom is kept cool and dark. The brain needs darkness to produce melatonin, the hormone that helps us sleep. Keeping the room cool means you won’t wake up sweating as your blood sugar fluctuates naturally.
15. Try herbal tea before bed. Teas made from herbs like valerian root can help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep to help you wake feeling rested.
Follow these suggestions for better mornings and even better days. Have a great day!
eVitamins recommends that you do not rely on the information presented in this article as diagnosis for treatment to any health claim. Content and information on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. The information and statements in this article have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. eVitamins assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements.