Dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO) is a byproduct of wood processing for papermaking. It is a somewhat oily liquid that looks like mineral oil and has a slightly garlicky odor. Because it is an excellent solvent, it is widely used as a degreaser, paint thinner, and antifreeze. However, it also has remarkable therapeutic properties, especially for the healing of injuries. Applying DMSO on sprained ankles, pulled muscles, dislocated joints, and even at the site of simple fractures can virtually eliminate the pain. It also promotes immune-system activity. DMSO is absorbed through the skin and enters the bloodstream by osmosis through capillary walls. It is then distributed through the circulatory system and ultimately is excreted through the urine. It has been used successfully in the treatment of brain and spinal cord damage, arthritis, Down syndrome, sciatica and other back problems, keloids, acne, burns, musculoskeletal problems, sports injuries, cancer, sinusitis, headaches, skin ulcers, herpes and cataracts.
WARNINGS: May cause skin irritation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, clothing. Wash thoroughtly after handling. In case of contact, immediately flush eyes with water and call a physician.
NOTES: Pure DMSO crystallizes at temteratures below 67 degrees F. This does not harm the product. Thaw in a warm place. Keep away from open flames.